Applied Bioethics Magazine Terms of Service
Effective: July 1, 2021
We provide Applied Bioethics Magazine, a semi-annual digital magazine. You may purchase a single issue or a lifetime membership. Do not purchase an issue or membership to Applied Bioethics Magazine until You have carefully read this TOS.2. Applied Bioethics Magazine License
We do not grant You, and You do not own a license to any content on this Site.3. User Conduct
Every User must abide by the following rules of conduct regarding Applied Bioethics Magazine:
- You must be at least 18 years old to purchase a license.
- You must provide accurate information when communicating with Us.
- You must not use Applied Bioethics Magazine except as permitted by this Agreement and any license purchased from Us.
- You may not use this Site to violate anyone’s intellectual property rights. You may not use, copy, distribute, perform, or make derivative works from any content in Applied Bioethics Magazine.
- You may not use this Site to abuse, harass, defame, or defraud anyone.
- You may not use this Site to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You may not upload viruses or other malicious code to this Site. You may not do anything that is designed to disable, overburden, or interfere with the normal working of this Site.
- You may not rent, lease, sell, sublicense, or redistribute the content in Applied Bioethics Magazine or any content on this Site.
- You may not use, test, or otherwise utilize any software on this Site in any manner for purposes of developing or implementing any method or application that is intended to interfere with the function of Our software.
- You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, derive source code, create a derivative work of, or otherwise repurpose any software on this Site; attempt to do so, or assist anyone in doing so except permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
- You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations when using this Site or accessing Applied Bioethics Magazine. You are responsible for verifying that You are complying with these laws and regulations.
We may provide links to other websites on Our Site or through Applied Bioethics Magazine. Providing a link, however, is not an endorsement. We shall not be responsible for any material on any website to which We provide a link that We did not create. User assumes all risk by following a link. The Company provides no guarantee that any website it links to will be accurate, available, or safe.5. Copyrights and Trademarks
The Company retains its intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyright rights in all its content published on and through Our Site and Applied Bioethics Magazine. The Company attests that it owns or has a license to use all content on this Site and in Applied Bioethics Magazine.
“Applied Bioethics Magazine,” “ChetComm,” and their logos are trademarks owned by the Company and may not be used without Our explicit written permission. Any violation of this policy may result in a copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right infringement that may subject User to civil and/or criminal penalties and termination of their license(s).6. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Policy
The Company will comply with any properly submitted DMCA takedown and counter takedown notices We receive under the U.S. Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512). If You believe that Your copyrighted work has been copied and used on or via Our Site or Applied Bioethics Magazine in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, You must contact Our DMCA Agent at the following address: ChetComm, LLC; Attn: DMCA/Copyright Agent; email@example.com. Indemnification
By using this Site, You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, Our affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of or related to any activity by You in connection with Our Site or Applied Bioethics Magazine.
To the extent permitted under applicable laws, User hereby releases the Company from any and all claims or liability related to any product or service provided through this Site and any conduct or speech, whether online or offline, of any other User.8. Modification to these Terms of Service
We reserve the right to change this TOS at any time as We deem necessary or desirable. These changes will most likely be enacted to comply in changes to Our services and/or changes in the law. We may notify You of changes by posting notice of the change on Our Site. Changes to this Agreement may occur, however, without notice. Any changes to these TOS will be effective upon the changes being made to this document. Your continued use of this Site shall be Your acceptance of any changes to this Agreement. All additional terms are hereby incorporated into this TOS by this reference.
The date at the top of the TOS informs You of the date of the most recent change.9. Warranty Disclaimer
USER EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT USE OF THIS SITE IS AT USER’S SOLE RISK. NEITHER THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS, OR ANY OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, WARRANT THAT USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO (1) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THIS SITE OR (2) THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCT, OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THIS SITE.
THIS SITE AND APPLIED BIOETHICS MAGAZINE ARE MADE ACCESSIBLE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THOSE OF TITLE NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.10. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THIS SITE, Applied Bioethics Magazine, OR OTHER PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT OUR MAXIMUM FINANCIAL OBLIGATION TO YOU IS THE AMOUNT PAID TO US FOR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PRIOR TO THE DISPUTE.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ALLEGEDLY CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE OR THROUGH OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVALUATING THE ACCURACY, APPROPRIATENESS, COMPLETENESS, AND USEFULNESS OF OUR CONTENT BASED ON YOUR SPECIFIC NEEDS. PLEASE SEEK THE ADVICE OF PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE, TO EVALUATE AND PROVIDE INDIVIDUALIZED INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTION.11. Contact Information
Applied Bioethics Magazine is owned by ChetComm, LLC, a Texas limited liability company with a principal place of business in Texas. You can contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dispute Resolution
By using this Site, You agree that any claim, dispute, or controversy You may have against Us arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with this Agreement, Our Site, or Applied Bioethics Magazine, shall be resolved exclusively in a court located in Cherokee County, Texas. Texas law shall govern all disputes related to this Site and Applied Bioethics Magazine. You agree that You shall only pursue a claim on behalf of Yourself only and shall not seek to file a class action lawsuit. By using this Site, You agree to this jurisdiction and venue.
In all claims, disputes, and controversies related to this Agreement, Our Site, or Applied Bioethics Magazine, the non-prevailing party shall be responsible for the prevailing party’s attorneys’ fees in addition to any damages assessed against them.13. Termination
The section headings used in this Agreement are for convenience only and shall be of no legal force or effect.